Monday, March 21, 2011

Ottawa airport

33 hours later and we arrived at the Ottawa airport. Brian and Bob were waiting to welcome us.
It is a week later that I'm writing this and I'm still struggling with jet lag!
Although the trip didn't go exactly as planned, I was very happy and extremely grateful for the great adventure that we did have and for the wonderful people that we met.

At the top of my list is the opportunity to reconnect with my adopted Nepali family: my friend Damodar, his wife Sanu, daughters Bandana and Chandana, and son Apil. It was a joy to see these lovely young adults that I has known as children 10 years ago. Dianne and I were delighted and honoured with their warm hospitality.

We also loved meeting our trek leader, Ram, and his staff of assistant guides and porters, and the other members of our trekking team ... Rita, Lee, Richard, Elizabeth, Lana, John, and Steve.

Highlights include a visit to the Child Haven Orphanage, the Stupa at Bodhnath, elephant safari in Chitwan,
flying into Lukla and seeing views of the Himalayas from the air, trekking to Namche and seeing Everest, a daytrip around Kathmandu guided by Api,l and moments of pleasure and delight too numerous to mention.
As with all travel, it is really the people who make the memories. I can't express enough appreciation to Dianne for her steadfast good nature, her ever-present positive attitude, and her willingness to Go For It, for every new experience and new adventure!
Dianne, you are a wonderful, fantastic travel partner, and a stubbornly loyal friend!
I also want to say an enormous and special thanks to Apil, who tirelessly showed Dianne and I around and explained All Things Nepali. Most of all, Apil, we enjoyed your company tremendously and appreciated your friendship !!
That is my official closing of my part of the blog for now!
Thanks to everyone who followed us!
Namaste,
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment